I would like to start with whats been going on since the last time I posted! So a couple of weeks ago I had another admission for 17 days, which was the longest I have ever stayed. I was on IV antibiotics for about 3 and a half weeks, and it made me feel so ill! I was put on anti sickness tablets and others which helped. I finally got home and I started to get back into normal life (if I can call it that?) and was heading in the right direction! Yay. But this post is all about Cystic fibrosis awareness month. As I have missed quite a few days already, I’m going to put up 17 facts about Living and dealing with cystic fibrosis.
1.Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease which mostly affects the lungs,pancreas,liver,intestines.
2. 1 in 25 people carry the defective gene.
3. Most CF patients take over 30 pills a day.
4.Males are usually infertile.
5. We usually have salty skin!
6. Thick, green, sticky mucus clogs the airways, which makes lung function decline.
7. Around 30,000 people in the US have cystic fibrosis.
8.There is no cure for Cystic Fibrosis.
9. As the mucus builds up in the lungs, the bacteria grows thus leading to frequent chest infections.
10.Higher risk of diabetes.
11. Around 10,400 people in the UK have cystic fibrosis.
12.Cystic fibrosis is the UK’s most common life threatening condition.
13.There are over 2,000 identified mutations.
14.Many people suffer with nasal polyps
15. Joint pain affects more than 1 in 10 people.
16. Clubbed nail beds are very common.
I will be posting more as the month goes on for awareness!
#cysticfibrosis #cf #diabetes #awarenessmonth #cysticfibrosismonth #chronicillness #chronicpain